Sunday, October 27, 2013

Jess's trip to England and France

Here goes my much delayed blog post from my wonderful trip to East Yorkshire to visit my Grandma and then to Paris for a short trip with the little sis.

September 10-19, 2013  Visit to Granny in Willerby.  Gran and I had  a wonderful 10 days together spent relaxing, visiting with friends and family, catching up on the past year, drinking cup after cup of English tea, and looking through LOTS and LOTS of old photo albums.  

Walking around the town of Beverley where my Mum and Gran were both born and raised!!



Grandma with her friend Terry Bibby (he worked in the Police Force with my Grandad years ago). 


The above 4 pictures were all taken in the Beverley Minster- a beautiful and very old church where my Grandma and Grandad were married and where my Mum was christened. 

A lovely and very delicious lunch with my English family.  In the back row from the left are  Bob, 2nd cousins Andrew and Tony, and 2nd Uncle David.  Bottom row from the left is me, June, Grandma Rosalie and 2nd Aunt Susan. 







September 20-23 Paris, France- wining, dining and exploring my way around this beautiful city with Sophie, the little sister! 

I will let the pictures tell the story:

Entrance to our flat in Paris.  Many flights of stairs to climb and a 
VERY tiny, moldy apartment at the top.  Thanks airbnb!

Saw lots of these little guys everywhere.   In every possible color!

Cruising the colorful streets of Paris. 


Outside the Louvre.  

Having a most exquisite cup of white hot chocolate @ Angelina cafe.  
Thanks Kim Lawson for the best recommendation!  

Obligatory Eiffel tower picture : )

After walking for 10 miles in non-walking shoes, this was very necessary!

Random bride and groom taking photos @ the love lock bridge. 

Best falafel in town! I just wish I had a picture of 
Soph and I after we finished eating it- absolute mess!

Sophie @ the Arc de Triomphe. 

Me @ Avenue des Champs Elysees

Basically, we had a fantastic trip and saw so many beautiful things.  Can't believe how much we were able to accomplish with just a map, some semi comfortable shoes and a great sense of adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment